A huge and heartfelt thank you to all staff, pupils and families within our MHS school community. Your continued efforts and support have generated a positive start for our young people to this new academic year, and we very much look forward to the opportunities this fresh term brings.
MHS Drama Club is back with a bang, week 1 of rehearsals and already sharing an exciting announcement about our next big school production!
“We thank parents for all their support over the past 18 months,” said Steven Richards-Downes, Director for Education.
“We hope this guidance will assist you as we progress through the autumn term.”
· Any learner with symptoms – a new continuous cough, fever or high temperature or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste – should take a PCR test and remain in self-isolation until the test result is known.
· Changes to isolation: Those who are under 18 or fully vaccinated are no longer required to self-isolate if they are identified as close contacts and are showing no symptoms.
· Testing positive: If your child tests positive for Covid-19 using a PCR test, NHS Test, Trace, Protect (TTP) will contact you, using the details provided when the PCR test was ordered. They will ask questions designed to identify recent close contacts of your child.
· Close contacts: Test Trace Protect will then get in touch with close contacts to provide instructions or advice. Close contacts will be offered two PCR tests (on Days 2 and 8) and provided with information and advice on how to minimise the risks of onward spread.
· If your child is identified as a close contact, they can still attend school unless they develop symptoms or are advised otherwise by TTP. Please continue to let us know if your child tests positive.
· Next steps: We do expect that there will be cases of COVID-19 across our community over the coming weeks, but this does not mean that COVID-19 is spreading within schools Please continue to be vigilant for symptoms. If you are in any doubt, order a PCR test for your child at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
“We recognise how difficult the past 18 months have been and the sacrifices that all families have had to make,” said Steven Richards-Downes. “Thank you for everything you have done to support your child and our schools. Thank you for playing your part.”